General Manager/Vice President, Manufacturing Operations, Hungary
This role will report into SVP and Head of European Operations and will be responsible for all site activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for building an organization that ensures on time delivery of GMP product in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Ensure that the site is staffed with motivated and well trained colleagues and those ongoing programs are initiated and maintained to ensure flexibility and productivity within the department. Manage Goals and KPI’s
- Integrate functional/regional/global KPIs, goals and Initiatives into coherent site plan
- Define and regularly update our policies for all manufacturing, reflecting prior performance and current needs of the business. Liaise with the relevant supervisors in the course of the day to day activities.
- Negotiate with functions and commit to site KPIs and initiative
- Ensure regulatory approval and compliance
- Foster Continuous Improvement and collaborate with global functions to define and implement operational excellence initiatives.
- Apply benchmarks and best practices in all areas of the site
- Define leadership on the site and lead all site staff, both directly and indirectly, to ensure that responsibilities at all levels are met.
- Drive changes and manage the process of change throughout the site.
- Coach and develop talent in the leadership team and set an example for all managers and their staff.
- Within the site; serve as the voice of the company to all site employees, and their direct line of contact back to senior leadership.
- Represent, with corporate approval, Company to local (and country) authorities and community leaders.
- Develop and maintain an effective organisation through selection, teaching and development Management.
Requirements and Competencies
- Comprehensive scientific academic background (pharmacy, chemistry, biochemistry, engineering).
- Ability to leverage personal technical knowledge to communicate effectively
- Basic understanding of all disciplines represented on the site leadership team
- Deep ability to analyse metrics and proactively implement action
- Deep portfolio and complexity management skills
- Proven track record of advancement in an established, high performing organization
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to lead effectively in an highly matrixed organization
- Excellent communication skills able to work with and influence executive management
- Proven skills in building and maintaining productive relationships with organizational partners such process development, manufacturing, quality and regulatory affairs
- Comprehensive practical experience working in a regulated production facility (production and/or packaging
- Basic cross-functional understanding in multiple related disciplines (quality & supply chain as core)
- Comprehensive experience in balancing business needs, cost and market considerations, regulatory compliance, global network
- Basis understanding of the global supply chain and pipeline
- Basic experience in a global function – gaining a perspective broader than the plant
- Comprehensive understanding of environment health and safety (EHS) as it relates to the site
- Basic understanding of the pharmaceutical product lifecycle
- Deep knowledge and/or experience in product and tech transfer
- Basic knowledge in Lean and/or Six Sigma methodology and related principles of OPEX
- Deep experience in regulatory inspections, Investigations and discussions/ interactions with regulatory bodies
- Deep knowledge of cGMP, ICH and local regulations
- Strong understanding of validation of biopharmaceutical facilities, equipment and process
- Has the breadth of experience across disciplines to understand the aspects of technology transfer to ask the right questions and challenge appropriately