Global Head API Manufacturing Science and Technology (MS&T)
We have recently been retained by a global Pharmaceutical company who are now seeking to fill the above mentioned, senior position. Our client is considered to be an exceptionally dynamic and fast moving entity that currently is going through a very significant period of global growth; both organically and by acquisition. Due to this aggressive growth, a number of opportunities have arisen, not least of which is the requirement for the business to take on a senior and experienced, Global MS&T leader.
This senior role will focus on ensuring new products introduced from R&D are designed for operational excellence and will lead transfer activities between the site network as well as the scale up of products from R&D. The position will own monitoring of product and process parameters and will drive Process Robustness across the API network including deploying the tools and ensuring organizational capabilities are built across the organization. This position will also ensure appropriate Centers of Excellence around key technologies are identified and/or established and deployed globally.
- We are seeking a Chemistry or Chemical Engineer with a preference for the engineering discipline with 10 or more years operating at senior level within a world class manufacturing environment (P.HD Desirable)
- Proven experience with the design and delivery of key Process Robustness and NPI program initiatives across manufacturing networks
- Exposure to and critical understanding of taking products out of R&D and transferring into commercial manufacturing. Experience with Organic Chemical Synthesis and peptides manufacturing an advantage
- Significant experience with managing multiple technology and process transfer programs specifically focused on API (Primarily non-sterile)
- Experience with and understanding of matrix style organisations and is comfortable with traversing and operating successfully in such
- Proven leadership and vision and have a strong appreciation for an organisation that is exceptionally fast-paced, dynamic and fluid in terms of change and can operate successfully in an ever disruptive and sometimes chaotic environment
- Excellent talent identification and development experience
- Critical grasp of the commercial realities of generic manufacturing
- Has the ability to instigate and drive culture change across the network
- Strong Program Management ethos and outlook
Interested candidates should contact or send their CV in strict confidence to: