HEAD OF ENGINEERING, HUNGARY
We are currently working with a global, top ten pharmaceutical company who have extensive European manufacturing operations across a myriad of drug product categories. In particular the company has invested very significantly in the past 5 years in their sterile injectable capabilities and now supply their global markets from three main sites in the EU. The largest and most modern of these facilities is looking for a Head of Site Engineering to augment the Site Leadership team. The site consists of multiple sterile injectable lines with the capability of producing 600 million units pa. This position will take control of all site technical departments which include Engineering, Maintenance and Capital Projects across the facility and be tasked with adding significant value to an already sophisticated and experienced site team. The client is looking for the following in their preferred candidate;
- Exemplary education in engineering principles in a highly regulated manufacturing environment married to strong equipment/systems installation, maintenance and analytical capabilities
- Expertise and appreciation for engineering reliability, robustness and OEE.
- An individual who understands the importance of why engineering needs to work in tandem with manufacturing and the criticality of robust and reliable engineering services on site.
- Significant experience with managing a highly evolved and experienced team of managers and individual contributors in a hand on and empathetic manner.
- Excellence in planning, strategic equipment effectiveness in a highly evolved technical environment.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills at site leadership level.
- Someone who can drive culture change and who can critically challenge the status quo.
- Ensure availability, functionality & reliability of production equipment, facilities & utilities to enable current and future production flow in a safe, quality and cost effective manner.
Areas of Impact:
- Implement New Technologies & Equipment
- Engineering Compliance
- Initiate & Apply Operational Excellence Programs
- Manage Engineering Budget
- Ensure Equipment Functionality & Reliability
- Equipment Qualification, Documentation & Change Control
- Asset management strategy execution
People and Organization:
- Lead and develop a Professional Engineering Team
- Site Management Team Member
- Collaborating Member of the Global Engineering Network
- Manage Engineering Suppliers
- Relevant Engineering education (College Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Facility, Pharmaceutical, Biochemical or Process Engineering) Relevant Master’s Degree desirable.
- Comprehensive experience in project management
- Comprehensive knowledge of facility and utility systems
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of chemical and pharmaceutical production and packaging process and equipment. Sterile/aseptic experience is preferred but not a pre-requisite.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of GEP (Good Engineering Practices)
- Market, Business & Regulations Understanding
Interested candidates should contact or send their CV in strict confidence to: