Vice President Supply Chain and Operations
Our client is a US based, fast growing specialty pharmaceutical company which has been created around highly experienced and successful pharmaceutical executives and industry advisers. The focus of the business is in the acquisition and commercialisation of CNS and Orphan drug products for global markets. Beckford Search Partners has been exclusively retained to source and select suitable candidates for the following senior position;
This person will be the most senior employee in Ireland and will have direct supervision, management responsibilities and accountability for all site activities. This individual will report directly to the CEO and will need to have expertise in Supply Chain and Operations with the experience and ability to provide local management support to the other Irish functions (finance, quality and pharmacovigilance) in a matrix organisational structure. Exceptional leadership skills, strong interpersonal capabilities and the ability to roll-up one’s sleeves and get things done will be necessary to ensure that the individual is successful at managing within partner organizations, including US affiliate(s), and assisting in the foundational work that is necessary to get a rapidly growing organization off the ground.
- In general terms our client is looking for an individual experienced in building and leading an operations and supply chain organisation which will give structure and direction to the expansion of the base business along with future new product(s).
- This individual will report directly to the CEO and sit on the executive leadership team. This high visibility role will have the opportunity for participation in all aspects of the company from an executive level.
- This individual will have biomedical/pharmaceutical experience with the set up and management of supply chain and related operational functions of a scaling organisation. It is important that this individual has experience in dealing with these functions although does not need to be an SME in all.
- This person will be responsible for purchasing & logistical functions and must have hands on past experience in the management of these functions. This will include inventory forecasting and management (generating POs, vendor management, vendor contracting, etc) and logistics functions (materials logistics, Customs management etc) in compliance with local and US regulations.
- The individual will interface with US commercial operations, to be aware of marketplace demands and future business trends which might impact supply chain and its management.
- Experience in Alliance Management would be a plus, as this presents an expanding role opportunity for this function.
- The individual will have influence and engagement in lifecycle advancement projects for commercial products.
- The individual will also sit on the steering committee for the company and have input into new business development regarding potential other products that the company are considering adding to the pipeline.
- This individual will also be tasked with managing existing supply relationships in Europe as these evolve in or out of the business planning for the first 18 months and will also be responsible for the development of new development and supply relationships which will have an impact on the commercial success.
- The individual will have to have a very entrepreneurial mind-set and be prepared to operate in a fluid and changing environment. Our client is a very dynamic and nimble organisation and everyone in the organisation has multi-functional, transversal roles to play in the development of the business.
Ultimately the successful individual will have the leadership seat in Ireland and will be responsible for the organisational development of the business from an Operations and Supply perspective whist owning and developing the existing network as it pertains to the current product. We are looking for an individual with experience in a dynamic, start-up environment where the roadmap is not fully defined and who will exert influence over the future direction of the organisation in concert with the global leadership. It is an exceptionally challenging, fluid and entrepreneurial role and the individual will have to come to terms quickly with the opportunity for the product and begin to build an organisation that reflects this opportunity.
Personal Attributes Required.
- High Energy with an exceptional entrepreneurial outlook and style
- Hard working/Lean thinking/Hands on
- Long game, big picture thinker to deliver overall organisational value
- Ability to change and adjust quickly
- Ability to be hands on and tactical as well as strategic
- Ability to manage and influence resources external to the organization (i.e. Alliance Management)
For morning information on this exciting senior role, please call Stephen Boylan in confidence on +353-86-401-6079